Friday, April 26, 2013

Homemade Sazon

A few of my friends like to eat sans MSG so I have made a spice recipe that replicates the common Sazon that you find in the stores. Though there is controversial evidence that MSG is harmful, we like to avoid it, just to be safe in our household. 






Homemade Sazon Spice Blend

1 tablespoon each: salt
                                  garlic powder 
                                  ground coriander seed
                                  oregano
                                  ground annatto seeds

1/2 tablespoon cumin
1 tsp black pepper

Mix all of the above. 1.5 teaspoons = 1 Sazon packet


I have tried this recipe without the annatto seeds and it is still delicious. I make it in bulk and keep it in a glass jar for when I want to spice up my beans. You can adjust the spices to your liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment